COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A recall petition against a Colorado lawmaker who supported gun rights was deemed sufficient Tuesday, setting up the first potential recall of a state lawmaker in Colorado history.But a lawyer for Democratic State Senate President John Morse immediately vowed to challenge the recall effort. Morse's attorney, Mark Grueskin, said the recall petition has a fatal law ...
Julyan Stone was a long way from Des Moines. Three months after reporting for an NBA Development League assignment with the Iowa Energy, Stone checked into a playoff game with the assignment of slowing the hottest shooter on Earth. Stone only spent 82 seconds defending Golden State guard Stephen Curry, but he helped the Nuggets trim a 20-point deficit to 13 when Curry went off the court in the ...
The suspect in the green T-shirt points what appears to be a black hangun (highlighted circle) as he robs a man at the Nine Mile light rail station on ...
Garrett Ellwood/NBAE/Getty Images SAN FRANCISCO - For two nights in Oakland, the Golden State Warriors were treated like rock gods by a crowd that started screaming an hour before tipoff and rarely sat down once the game started. Riding the euphoria, the Warriors passed, dunked and bombed away with abandon in seizing a 3-1 lead against the Denver Nuggets in their best-of-7 first-round series. ...
Pacers assistant Brian Shaw interviewed for the Nuggets' coaching vacancy. IPTC: Indiana Pacers assistant head coach Brian Shaw during the second half of Game 6 of their NBA basketball Eastern Conference semifinal playoff series against the Miami Heat Thursday, May 24, 2012, in Indianapolis. Miami defeated Indiana 105-93. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)--> (Associated Press file) Paul George ...
62.0°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the South at 6.0 MPH Gusting to 9.0 MPH
Set largely in the dank sewers of the Polish city of Lvov during the Nazi occupation, Agnieszka Hollands In Darkness is aptly titled both literally and metaphorically. It tells the true story of a dozen of so Polish Jews who hid in the sewers for more than a year with the aid of Le ... ...
The Rockies will continue their quest for the franchise's first win in Toronto in the series finale against the Blue Jays Wednesday night at Rogers Centre. But the opportunity to break an 0-8 all-time record arrives at a difficult moment, with the Blue Jays riding a seven-game winning streak, the longest active streak in the American League. Mark Buehrle, fresh off his best start of the ...
BOSTON (AP) - Five things learned in the Boston Bruins’ win over the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals Monday night: ___ SUPAH TUUKKA: Tuukka Rask is proving the Bruins right for putting their faith in him. Rask watched the Bruins’ entire 2011 Stanley Cup run from the bench while Tim Thomas led Boston to the NHL title, winning the Conn Smythe Trophy in the ...
DENVER - Two people were killed when a car and a train collided in Denver on Tuesday night, police said.The collision happened about 8:47 p.m. at West Bayaud Avenue and South Kalamath Street near Interstate 25, said Denver police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez.The intersection at Bayaud and Kalamath has been ...
TORONTO, CANADA – JUNE 18: Jeff Francis #26 of the Colorado Rockies looks on from the dugout during MLB game action against the Toronto Blue Jays on June 18, 2013 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty ...
COL@TOR: Rosario singles home Rockies' first run TORONTO -- On the night that Rockies manager Walt Weiss announced that veteran star Roy Oswalt would be joining the rotation, veteran lefty Jeff Francis placed himself in danger of having to say goodbye. Francis gave up eight runs and served up three home runs in six innings as the Blue Jays won their seventh straight, 8-3, at Rogers ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Denver SunDenver Sun | Continuously Updating Denver News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Denver news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Denver Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Denver.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Denver weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Denver Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Colorado has experienced its deadliest avalanche accident since 1962.
Five members of a Colorado snowboarder group have been found dead under tonnes of snow following an incident which occurred on a high mountain pass in Colorado's White River National Forest.
CNN has reported a sixth member of the group survived by digging himself out of the snow.
He was the one to raise the alarm after hiking a few hundred yards to a road where he flagged down workers.
On Saturday search teams recovered the bodies from the avalanche scene at Loveland Pass, which is located about 50 miles west of Denver.
The snowboarders were hit by the wall of snow at an elevation of 11,990 feet.
They were all wearing avalanche beacons.
- Alcohol more dangerous than weed Miley Cyrus
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- Cheryl Cole named star with tattiest tattoos
- Johnny Depp not retiring from Hollywood
- Max George single ready to mingle
- Tick Tock Make The Serve Pitch Putt Or Shot
- James Clapper’s ‘least untruthful’ answer
- Heartfelt thank you from Chanse’s family
- Tough job facing Colorados new prison chief
- An open look at killing of Lakewood police officer
- EDITORIAL The microwave tax
- EDITORIAL Hugos gun dream
- Tick Tock Make The Serve Pitch Putt Or Shot
- Child labor jars with Islamic tradition
- Militants torch NATO lifeline
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Afghanistan calls off talks with U.S. on security agreement
- NSA surveillance revealed abandoned al-Qaedas NY stock exchange bombing plot
- US to join direct peace talks with Taliban over Afghanistans future in Qatar
- U.S. stocks open higher after subdued inflation data
- KC terrorist supported plan to bomb New York Stock Exchange FBI tells Congress
- Dow Jones industrial average gains more than 120 points
- Dow Busts Sixth Straight Triple-Digit Move Adds 138 Points Ahead of Fed
- Stocks post solid gains Tuesday
- Pitcher safety against liners still issue for MLB
- Hernandez questioned in probe
- U.S. downs Honduras in qualifier
- LeBron Heat outlast Spurs in Game 6 of NBA Finals
- USA’s Altidore proves antidote in win over Honduras
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Denver Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Senators recall petition called invalid
- Julyan Stone prepared to join Denvers line of defense
- Video Armed robbery at rail station
- Nuggets seek crowd boost as series returns to Pepsi Center
- Shaw Nuggets come together for interview